Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sneaking into Locked Rooms

(posted by Cosmos on behalf of TheEpicOne)

Hey guys, I wanted to share with you of an interesting strategy I use when trying to find an MP or arena room.

Between 50 to 70% of the time, rooms are locked with a password. Some common passwords are 123, 1234, 001, etc. However, the fact that there can be any number from 1 to 6 digits makes it difficult to find passwords. The easiest trick to use is to enter the room number as the password. For example, to enter room 21, use "21" as the password. I have found that this trick works for me about 10 to 20% of the time.

Of course, there is a reason that rooms are locked - people want their friends and their friends alone to join. However, this is usually not the case when the room's password is the same as the room number. I usually leave the room immediately and then post a message on world chat informing the leader that they should change the password. The leader generally invites me to join. This was the case today, when the most popular character on our server, Dreamy, invited me to join her on her arena run.

When the leader does not invite you, at least you have informed them that they should improve their password, and it could be a good laugh for both parties.

I hope I have at least helped you when it comes to finding rooms.

TheEpicOne
S68-78-86, Wartune

P.S. Cosmos Advice: just take care not to be annoying guys :) if you stick around in the room where you are not wanted you will create unnecessary negativity and you are also blocking the spot for their friend to join, so like TheEpicOne said, enter and leave, especially if the room has 3 people in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment