Thursday, May 29, 2014

Prepping for May Class Wars!

(Posted by Eliatan)

Class Wars is finally here after a week-long delay! There are a few things I like to think about for each one, which I'll talk about here. Sorry in advance that this is mage-focused, but since it's my main toon class, that's just how it's going to be. Please enlighten me about what archers and knights do to prepare for Class Wars ^^

First thing I'll need to adjust are my resistances. Usually I only protect against dark, light, and electric, but I think against other mages I'm going to forgo light and add in some fire and wind.

Brownie points to whomever can give me a semi-acceptable explanation for why wind elemental stuff is represented by green in this game.
I've opened all five of the battle protection shields available, but for those with fewer, I'd give this some careful thought. A good question to start with is, "What scares me the most?" (My answer is relatively simple -- Annerose :P -- object of all my mage-envy haha)

I also want to adjust my astrals a bit. I'm not a huge fan of the Deflection astral yet, but its PvP prowess has become a bit undeniable. I've considered taking out either Illusion or Block, but I'm leaning toward Illusion.

After, Before, After
Sylph choice is obvious for me, but maybe not as easy for others. For mages I'd probably go with whichever is your highest BR pet that isn't Iris (unless you have an orange Iris ... in that case, take a pic and show me o_o). I've got an archer buddy who's going to try out Pan to counter all the impending Gaias, so keep an open mind.

Here's my Hades, Franziskaner, what a handsome wheat beer. Though once he becomes Aegis I might change the name to Franzia, because she looks like a glass of cheap wine xD


Last, and certainly most mind-boggling to me, are skill and rune choices.

Below is my old standby. However, the new tie-breaker if neither person wins after 2.5 minutes is total damage-dealt, instead of most HP left -- I think it's time to pick something a little more aggressive.

Have used this for months now, but it's a typically conservative mage CW spec.
These are the ones I've been mulling over for awhile now. I'll probably still be deciding seconds before the fighting starts -_-'


It's pretty much impossible to have everything you want in a spec, but at the moment I'm leaning toward giving up Suntoria and using heal/amnesia for runes.

That's all I've got! Good luck everyone! Here's hoping lol ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment