(below prepared / contributed by Atroxia; edits/corrections by Cosmos)
GemsAbout gems for an archer you have 2 ways to use it: power or BR. This is not the same strategy.
First, identify which gem gives you the max amount of BR. Note your current BR without pots, scrolls or any other bonus. Then remove the same level of gem you want to compare. Remove one and note your new BR without the gem you have just removed. So the difference those two situations will show you the gems which give you the highest BR.
As an example, for an archer:
- For level 10 gem in PDEF your gain is 2172 BR, same for MDEF, Crit give 2049, HP give 2771,
- Charisma gem is the most useless gem for your power or your amount of BR.
- PATK, for level 11, give you 3077 BR, it’s the same for MATK.
- Block gems give you BR better than crit but less than PDEF and MDEF gems.
For a BR strategy (needed only for HoF): HP + PATK + MATK + PDEF (you can also convert your highest level of gem into HP, then into attack gems).
Refine equipmentI would say nothing else than take the best (level 10) and don’t take care of lower stats. Why? Because that give you more open slots to get a random stat you want.
So lock your level 10 stats you want to keep it safe, then refine and switch only if you have what you are looking for.
For an archer, I choose:
- Strength (because it gives both +4 PATK as well as +1 PDEF)
- PATK (for maximum attack power)
- Crit (a very important archer stat)
- Defense (both +4 MDEF and +4 PDEF)
- Endurance (more HP than the HP attribute)
Astrals:I use, from the red astrals:
- and Gemini
First step, upgrade all your astral to level 9. All at level 2 then all at level 3 and so on. It’s more balanced than to be very strong in attack but weak in defense.
For HoF purpose: replace all orange by all red you don’t have, and keep a spare of orange to be able to comeback ^^. I got 10K BR like this. But it was just for a night before maintenance, so no impact.
Refining astral (+1% to 10%):Astral slot refining costs a lot of gold, so I would say don’t use it before your astral are at level 9.
I like to be well balanced than very strong on one point. So it’s more efficient as well to upgrade your astral by giving 1% each on your all astral slots upgradable, then 2%. 3% cost 125 million of gold, 4% = 250m gold.
Note from Cosmos: remember guys that people can have different views or strategies. I, for example, prefer to get more % on my Goddess and Illusion as those can have a big impact rather than a few extra numbers on a stat astral. You have to make your own decision after reading suggestions from many people, that's why I try to bring you as many different points of view as possible.
You have a blessing which give you 5 instead of 1 point for the million you use. So if you are lucky that can cost you at least 20% but that will rarely happen. With what I saw it’s more 50%-60%. If you want a chance that the blessing appear, don’t use your gold 1 by 1. Keep your gold until you have over 100 million until the 3% is achieved, and over 200 million for 4% and more.
- First get all mounts as you can - it’s basic. More mounts = more power.
- To gain the maximum of stats, it’s obvious to give one star to each mount before giving the second one.
- Then all mounts will have 2 stars before going to the 3rd one and so on.
- Save as much as possible all the stoves and hammers before using them.
- Each level has 10 grades and you have a blessing to complete the bar.
- You need 3 times more stoves than hammers, so if you have to buy something during an event, choose stove before hammer.
- Same technique: use your macro to click fast, with 1000 stove + 333 hammer = 66 attempts.
- So if you count 500k gold as an average estimate by grade, that mean 5 million by level or for 10 grades. So with 66 attempts you could go through 2 levels or like 20-25 grades.
- That give you a lot of BR and power but it’s very expensive.
Clothing identification:As well, to start just identify all your clothes so you get one star, then refine it and just try once for each 4 types of clothes. So you can get a 2nd or more stars if you are lucky. For everyone it’s always Armor and wings to refine and helm for mage and weapon for knights and archers. But, if you want to keep a slot on your gem slots, do it all. I increased all helms and I get so much MDEF that I don’t need MDEF gems on my gears now. This, of course, requires a lot of Fashion Cores.
After that you can refine more to try to get the 5th star. It’s not easier to get 5 stars on clothes grade D than grade S. It’s just a matter of amount of fashion core. So start with grade S clothes until you get the 5 stars of each of them then A. But for B, C and D grades don’t waste your Fashion Cores; if you have 3 stars that's enough - it is not going to be worth it to get 5 stars on these low grades.
- Invest first in sepulcrum before mahra. Always use event to do so.
- Set or reset skills: if you want BR for your character, invest in endurance because that will give you more HP, and your sylph will have less BR. But if you want more power, invest in intelligence or strength depending on sylph. To determine which one to choose is, click on Auto button that will show which one to pick. Close the window to cancel and reopen it to set accordingly. (Note by Cosmos: I have seen it to be more efficient to put all points into offense to maximize WB earnings)
- When you set Strength or intelligence for your sylph that give max BR to it.
- Resistance reduces the amount of damage received from attacks of the same element.
- RES reduction can reduce the enemy's resistance, which means the player's attacks can do more damage.
- So don’t underestimate Will Crystal to make more damage on your opponents.
- Also, I notice that my global resistance to sylph damages are more efficient with will crystals than sylph crystals. I had level 5 crystals on electro, light and dark in each shield. And level 5 in will crystals. During an event, I removed all crystals to convert and build level 7 electro only and build level 6 will crystals. I thought I will be weak against dark and light now but as surprising as it may seem it was not the case. So I would say if you have a choice to invest your money: increase will crystal first until level 7. It’s now my priority.
Inventory / bags:
Mounts and Mount Refinements:
Runes and Skills:
UPDATE: following the end of Hall of Fame and adding of Sylph Equipment:
Resistance and Resist Reduction
Note from Cosmos: Atroxia got awesome power-ups from dimensions!
UPDATE after December Class Wars
I worked on gems first to get all level 12 in PATK (all level 11 before) then PDEF, (all level 10 before) 5 are level 12 and 3 level 11.
Then I maxed out the sylph's legendary weapon to level 24 and added all new gems for sylph gear like PATK level 4 and level 3 on all gears + PDEF level 2 + MDEF level 2.
Finally i maxed out my crossbow on holycast and got some levels on the armor, which costed around 800 million gold for all that. I sold 140k mount training whips + 14k SC added with rewards and exchange along the way.
Rewards in soul mark increase by 10 levels to finish at 48.
I added around 40k br in this update.