Disclaimer: I have no knowledge yet of when God's Descent will be held. We've only had it twice so far: once before and once after Class Wars; once on a weekend and once on weekdays. Do not take the blog post as some hint that God's Descent is coming tomorrow or anything of the sort. The only educated guess I'm taking is that it will be somewhere between the published date of this post and August 31, 2014.
Hey you guys, we're at the latter half of the month, so before the next God's Descent starts, I thought it would be helpful to talk about how to optimize the number of free attempts you get per boss.
First, the basic mechanics of God's Descent Boss consist of the following:
- You begin attacking the Boss, and a 30 minute timer will start.
- You must complete defeating the Boss within the timer, or purchase more using bound or regular balens.
- You are given one free attempt every 10 minutes right at about ##:#1 server time.
- You can save up to 5 free attempts.
- Additional attempts can be purchased with bound or regular balens.
My recommendation for when the bosses start getting very difficult for you is to do the following:
- Collect a full 5 attempts.
- Start attacking the Boss between 00:07-8 (or any ##:#7-8) -- this means your non-balening time with the Boss will end at 00:37-8.
- Freely use your attempts to bring down the Boss's HP.
- You will receive additional attempts at 00:11, 00:21, and 00:31.
- This ensures that you'll not only get 3 additional free attempts, but that you'll also have time to use the last one.
I hope this helps! God's Descent is a "pre-cashing" event, where people who cash more and have higher BR don't have to spend as much to do well in the event. I recommend going as far as you can using this technique, or at least not spending more than a few dollars. The rewards for individual Boss kills are not worth dropping big money on, and even the rank rewards for the end of the events are not good enough to justify spending a lot at this event.
You can check out some of my God's Descent action from last month in the following vids :)
The Early Bosses
I was super groggy and didn't do commentary here, that's why it's on my personal channel
A Couple of the Later Bosses
Here I show beating some of the levels where it got really tough for me and I had to use well over 5 free attempts.
Have fun, test your toon's PvE progress, and play smart!