Here below you will see tables showing you how much battle rating different things give and this can help you focus your efforts to the areas which will give you the most battle rating.
Cosmos Knight as an example:
I will also use my knight as an example to show the different things that I can do to increase my Battle Rating (remember this is only for the sake of increasing it for different situations like Hall of Fame event, not for making a strong character).
Changing the Astrals
Including Class Advancement my knight has 10 astral slots:
- Sacred Gemini level 8 PATK + Penetration +1728: Battle Rating +3905 (due to all things that add additional % to PATK) = keep
- Holy Force level 8 PATK +2304: Battle Rating +2903 = keep
- Holy Enshieldment level 7 Block +2016: Battle Rating +2016 = keep
- Holy Sniper level 8 Critical +2304: Battle Rating +2304 = keep
- Holy Fortitude level 7 PDEF +2016: Battle Rating +2541 (due to PDEF bonuses) = keep
- Holy Willpower level 7 MDEF +2016: Battle Rating +2137 = keep
That leaves me with 4 astral slots which are all % based and can be switched to a stat astral like HP, MATK x 2, Charm
- The HP level 4 red Holy Brilliance currently in my bag already gives me additional 824 Battle Rating and can easily be leveled up to a higher level.
- The level 4 Holy Charm which I also have gives me 193 BR, which is not much at all so no need to invest anything into this.
- The level 3 Sacred Pisces with MATK and Penetration +648: give me an additional 1425 Battle Rating and can definitely be leveled up.
- Holy Mysticality I don't have yet so I can't give an exact number but it is also a decent effect.
So to conclude on the astrals, without doing much I can lift my battle rating by around 3k, but of course bringing them to a much higher level (level 7-8 is very much achievable) would give me a lot more, probably around 7k BR.
Changing the Gems Types
BR increase of 657 on my knight (level 2 advanced engraving). The effect of changing to MDEF is +338 BR. The effect of switching to PDEF is
So currently I have Critical gems on all 8 of my equipment items. This means that taking them out and replacing with PDEF or MDEF or HP in addition to the existing PATK will result in a BR increase of minimum +2704 using the MDEF number and +5256 maximum BR using the HP number.
Changing Gem Level
Just changing 1 single gem from level 7 HP to level 8 HP results in a battle rating increase of 289. Taking 250 as a round number (lower because other gems give less) we can multiply 8 equipment items by 4 gems per item = 32 gems and multiplied by the 250 BR = 8k BR increase if I change my gems from level 7 to level 8.
Changing from level 8 to level 9 should be a bit bigger, around 9k BR increase.
The only problem that I see my going to level 9 and above gems right now is that we would get no additional reward for it and, theoretically, there could be great rewards when the level 9 gem synthesis arrives, so doing this now would reduce your future gains.
Changing Equipment RefineThis is possible in general but not for me because I simply do not have enough refinement crystals for level 80 equipment.
Holy Forge RefinementHoly Forge can give a lot of additional battle rating if you have enough Vulcan Hammers and Stoves. Unfortunately I do not, so I cannot experiment with it to tell you exact figures, but from Elia's example we have that her 900 stoves resulted in 5k increase in BR. You can watch that video here.
Other elements which will increase your BR:
- Increasing Fate Levels (same issue here about losing future rewards if using stones without event)
- Increasing the Soul Engraving level (normal + advanced souls)
- Pumping up your Sylph with mahra (stars) and sepulcrum (stats) and have active the most powerful sylph that you have.
- Clothing Refinements if you have lots of Fashion Stones (again issue if without event)
- Upgrading Wings which give a % increase (better with clothing event though)
- Upgrading your Dragon Soul Core can give nice BR but there you are limited on your daily income of Dragon Essences.
- Naturally basic things like Guild Skills for those who don't have them maxed.
- Mounts and Mount Refinements depending on your daily Mount Hoof income.
So all in all my current BR is 222k and I can increase it via astrals by ~7k and via gem type change by ~5k and via gem level increase by ~9k to come to a Battle Rating of 243k
Battle Rating by Stats
|1 PATK||1 BR|
|1 MATK||1.05 BR|
|1 PDEF||1 BR|
|1 MDEF||1 BR|
|1 CRIT||1 BR|
|1 Block||1 BR|
|1 HP||0.2 BR|
|1 Troop Count||1 BR|
Battle Rating by Attributes
gives 4 PATK and 1 PDEF
gives 4 MATK and 1 MDEF
gives 4 PDEF and 4 MDEF
gives 20 HP
gives 1 Troop Count
Battle Rating by Gems
|PATK, MATK, PDEF and MDEF||Give same BR as the stat, so per gem level:
+32 / +64 / +84 / +112 / +176 / +220 / +280 / +350
|HP Astral||at the rate of 1 HP = 0.2 BR, so per gem level:
+160 / +320 / +420 / +560 / +880 / +1100 / +1400 / +1750
|Crit Astral||Gives 2nd worst amount of BR, so per gem level:
+16 / +32 / +42 / +56 / +88 / +120 / +180 / +260
|Charisma Astral||Gives the worst amount of BR, so per gem level:
+8 / +16 / +21 / +28 / +44 / +60 / +90 / +130
Battle Rating Benefits by Class
|Knights||+20% extra for PDEF and HP coming from Divine Blessing skill at level 2
+15% to PATK coming from Combat Master skill at level 3
|So for Knights put more into things increasing PDEF and HP and PATK because for the same effort you get 15%-20% more|
|Archers||+20% extra for Critical and HP coming from Eye of the Eagle skill at level 2
+15% to PATK coming from Focus Attack skill at level 3
|So for Archers put more into things increasing HP and PATK because for the same effort you get 15%-20% more. Not Crit astral though!|
|Mages||+20% extra for MDEF coming from Healing Empowerment skill at level 2
+15% to MATK coming from Mana Master skill at level 3
|So for Mages focus on increasing MDEF and MATK because for the same effort you get 15%-20% more|